- Please apply for the 2013 Business Conference here.
- You are required to submit a one-page resume and cover letter (in PDF format), explaining your interest in attending OUBC 2013 and what you would bring to the conference and O4U community. Be sure to also highlight key experiences that convey the following criteria:
- Academic excellence, e.g. GPA, standardized test scores, majors, schools attended
- Demonstrated leadership, e.g. clubs and societies (LGBT or otherwise), sports, volunteer and community outreach, fraternities/sororities
- Professional experience – e.g. internships, pre-professional clubs, start-ups, part-time work
- Applications for each round are open until 11:59PM EST of the respective deadlines.
Round Applications Due: Decisions Released: Resume Review By: Confirm Place By: 1 15-Apr 29-Apr 6-May 13-May 2 17-Jun 1-Jul 8-Jul 15-Jul 3 9-Sep 16-Sep 20-Sep 23-Sep
- Decisions will be communicated via email on dates advised above.
- Due to limited capacity at the conference, we may have to turn down a significant number of highly-qualified candidates. Even if we are unable to offer you a spot, we strongly encourage you to remain engaged with O4U and take advantage of other resources O4U offers (e.g. cohort groups, mentorship program).
- If you are “waitlisted”, please expect to hear from us at the subsequent round’s decision release date. No actions are required in the interim.
- As a new initiative this year, admitted students will be paired with one of our O4U volunteers – typically an OUBC alumnus – to review and polish up their resumes before forwarding them to sponsors.
- Your assigned volunteer may or may not be your O4U mentor, even if you have one already.
- Volunteers are requested to email students with comments and suggestions by the dates advised in the timeline. If you do not hear from your assigned volunteer more than a day past, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In a second Wufoo form (see acceptance email for link), admitted students will be asked to
- submit a non-refundable conference fee of $50,
- rank interest in professional industries and breakout sessions,
- upload an updated resume after review with volunteer, and
- upload a headshot photo for inclusion in class facebook (opt-out option available)
- Unless advised otherwise, please do not submit the confirmation form until you have heard from your resume review volunteer.
- We reserve the right to revoke your acceptance if we do not receive your complete form submission and payment by the respective deadlines.