Application Essay Questions
- Why do you want to attend the O4U Business Conference? (Limit 1500 characters)
- What does a world without systemic bias look like for you? Please describe any initiatives that you have implemented or plan to implement in an organization or community of yours to ensure a more equitable place for all. (Limit 1500 characters)
- Describe a company or firm that you hold in high regard due to its business strategy/business model. (Limit 1500 characters)
- What is an interest or passion of yours? (1200 character limit) This can be tied to your identities, life experiences, interests, skills, ideas, etc.
- What has been your proudest achievement in your engineering or leadership experience? Were there any obstacles you overcame? What did you learn from it? (1200 character limit) Examples: An engineering project you supported/led, high school/college awards or recognition, an event you planned and executed, making an impact on an organization, etc.
- As a future leader in engineering, what is one way you want to positively impact society and your community? How will you use your skills and capabilities to help achieve a better world? (1200 character limit) Some broad areas to consider: social justice; diversity, equity, and inclusion; anti-racism; advocacy; accessibility; education and research; direction of technology; etc.
- What interest or passion matters most to you and why? Reflecting on this passion, how do digital platforms positively impact this interest or how can your interest of choice better use digital platforms? (3250 character limit)
General Essays - Fall 2023
- Why do you want to attend the O4U Conference? (1200 character limit) Some prompts to get you thinking: How would attending O4U make a difference in helping you achieve your professional or personal goals? What do you hope to gain from the speakers, professionals, recruiters and your fellow attendees? What can you contribute to the event?
- If you have attended O4U previously, please answer this additional essay question: What were your biggest takeaways from the last O4U conference you attended? What are your goals for this year as opposed to your previous time attending? If admitted this year, how will you work to positively influence other first-time attendees’ experiences? (1200 character limit)